SCHOOL INDUCTION :: Day 5 - It's Hard to Say Goodbye


Today is the last day of school induction. The experiences of the past few days were close to heart.
As Lon Watters said 'School is a building which has four walls with a tomorrow inside.'
Through this 5-day induction program, I learned what the school is all about. As a student, As a teacher,As a guide As a friend..The school was definitely beyond my expectations. A lot of positive experiences and realizations have been gained, along with the unblemished love of the students.

The headmaster was on leave today. Today I understood how important the headmaster is for a school. He was a person who ran for everything. Many people called me "Amal Sire" when I was walking around the school premises. I understood the value students give to teachers; it really blew my mind.
I saw Rithika this morning; she is the one who often recite prayers in school; she is a 7-C student. Always smiling and talking, she had asked me, "You should come to our class on Monday with Sruthi and Roshan on Satarday itself." She did not forget to remind us today. She humbly said that 4th period was free for their class and we should come to class. We agreed. Later, I met Safna. I went to class 5-B on Saturday. I suddenly became so close to the students in that class. Safna told me, "Sir, I have quarrelled with the other Safna." I said looking at her innocent face, you two should be friends by evening.

Me and Sibana went to 6-F as substitute teachers.I learned how the students of 6th class are. In these 5 days, I learned that every class is different and we should treat them accordingly.We introduced ourselves first. We got to know all of them. Then we asked if anyone would sing a song. Everyone said to sing Abhirami and she sang beautifully. Later we played a game 'chain of songs'. It was very interesting. We divided to two teams. Team A and Team B.With the score of 5-3, Team B won. Hajara and Alina's drawing book was shown to us. They have taken pictures of how beautiful it was. We also did not forget to appreciate them. Finally I asked them to take a sheet of paper and to write down any incident that happened yesterday. Yesterday was a holiday... everyone's experience was completely different.Some went to relatives' house, some studied from home, one went to karate class and another had fever. What hit my mind was that yesterday was Alina and Ameya's birthday. Its written that Ameya celebrated from home and Aleena did not celebrate birthday. Look at this...The circumstances of each student in a class will not be the same.This class also made me think a lot.

We went for data collection again we should collect all the rest of the data Today.We collected data's from Deputy headmaster Sajeev Kumar.

We went to the VHSE block and the Higher Secondary block for collection of the remaining data.We asked and understood all their uniforms and activities of clubs, NSS and SPC there.

We visited all staff rooms of different blocks. Understood thier mechnisms.Also we went to Headmasters and Prinicipal cabin's

It's 12 noon. We I,Roshan,Alfiya,Keerthana went to Ritika's class ie 7-C.There was 41 Students out of 44 were present.As usual we started with the introduction section itself.After that we played Chain of Songs as per Students request. Atlast Rithika the singer of the class sang a beatiful song.Let's believe Rithika was happy.

I met students in 7-B during lunch break. Since it was the class I went to yesterday, everyone told me many things. They asked me when will I come to class. After that we went to eat and we all of us ate together.

After the break, I listened to KochuRani Teacher. I think in every school there is a person like the teacher who holds a stick in his hand. Teacher told all students to enter the class, and when she did, I noticed that everyone was afraid of her. This teacher deals with physical education.

In the afternoon I went to observe a chemistry class in 8-I. I used to love chemistry when I was in high school. There were 5 of us to observe. The class was handled by the teacher Rajalakshmi. The chapter was 'Fibers and Plastics'. She covered the topics, 'different types of plastics and pollution due to plastics'.and also she gave an assignment for the topic 'Plastic-A boon or Curse'. She told this assignment would be considered for internal marks. And last she gave half yearly examination answer sheets to the students.That was a nice class.

The students of class 5-B came running towards me. They took me with them. They asked Amal sir to play with us. I agreed. That's when 2 Safnas came, they ended their quarrel and became friends again. We will do whatever sir says...one Safna told me that. I was happy again. They talked to me for a long time. There is no taint in their minds. They will ask anything earnestly. I like little girls a lot. It was a moment when I really wanted to become an Upper Primary Teacher.


After leaving the school, many students said their goodbyes. In this short time I got to know a lot of children.. I was able to spend time with them. Some classes cannot be forgotten and some sorrows.
Its hard to say goodbye. But sometime we have to.
These 5 days will surely be unforgettable in my life,It gave many good memories. I was able to recognize myself in myself. The desire to become a teacher grew. There are many things to learn. Gained a lot of recognition. All 13 of us got to understand each other a little more.We got a little closer. Increased confidence. So many things that I can't say like that I got from this 5 days school induction. Besides thanking God for everything I want to mention some people Headmaster Jose Sir, my guide Sasikala Teacher, Training Teacher Reshnu. Then my colleagues.
Thankyou...

It is not knowledge, but
the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest
enjoyment.
-Cart Friedrich Gauss

Comments