TEACHING INTERNSHIP PHASE 1: Exciting Beginnings: October 9 - October 13, 2023

 




The long-awaited start of my Teaching Internship at St. Mary's Higher Secondary School, Pattom finally arrived on October 9, 2023. Stepping into this role for the first time, I was a mix of nerves and excitement. After completing the necessary formalities with the principal, we were introduced to Ms. Anu, who guided us in choosing the subjects we would teach. Both of us selected Business Studies, and Ms. Rajitha became our mentor. Assigned to teach the 11th grade, I embarked on this new journey with class 'I'. 


The first few days were about getting acquainted with the school, meeting fellow teachers, and being introduced to my class. Despite the ongoing exams limiting my first teaching period to an hour, I used this time to discuss the basics of insurance. The initial experience, though brief, was enriching. I focused on learning the students' names and making the lessons engaging. Meeting other teachers, such as the computer applications teacher, added to my understanding of the school environment. By the end of the week, I felt more comfortable and was eager for the next phase of my internship







Comments